Friday, March 4, 2011

Blast from the past

Tonight, as I was working on the computer, I put on Pandora and set it to The Sundays station. In that mix there was some of The Smiths, The Cure, and Radiohead. Then a friend commented and reminded me to include Depeche Mode in there. Then this morning as I began my commute, some Tripping Daisy was on the radio. It's just been a multitude of music from my high school years that have come flooding back in all in one day. It's reminded me of some great times....and great music.

Then earlier this week, Todd was asking if I ever had the opportunity, would I ever want to go back to my younger years. He began with high school, then junior high, and back to elementary. I pretty much said no to it all.

I really like where I am in life right now. Granted, I have made A TON of mistakes in life and would love to go back and redo every single one of those moments, but if I did, would it still have led me to where I am now? How would it have changed my future, if at all? I wouldn't want to change it because everything has led me to where I am now with my loving husband, wonderful children, my home, my calling, my testimony and faith, my job, my friends. It's just something I got to thinking about and made me appreciate it all - after a hard week at work. Although I may think I have it rough, I really have a wonderfully fulfilling life and have been so blessed, and continually blessed. I am loving where I am in life right now and wouldn't go back to any other year in my life because I'm living for the moment and the life I have now. It seems to be working, so why break a good thing, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love how music can bring you back in time. I love those bands [especially The Smiths!!] but their time had passed by the time I got to high school :) I've recently added a Marvin Gaye station to my Pandora. hahah!

    ReplyDelete